A Brief History of the Cultural Group
- Offering Europeans to Immigrate
- The immigration of colonials
- Undergoing examinations on the Ellis Island
- The second wave of immigration (Shi & Tindall, 2016)
- The migration of East-European peoples
- Populating the East-Coast American territories
A Brief History of the Socio-Cultural Group
- Inhabiting the USA in the 1700s
- Racial issues related to identity
- Social and status division of Jews
- Organization of civil right movements
- The role of the Holocaust in America
- Promotion of the Zionism movement
Values of the Cultural Group
- Career opportunities for children
- Freedom of movement (Kivisto, 2014)
- Various religious practices
- Financial priorities and benefits
- With respect to social and religious minorities
- Moral and ethical principles
Values of the Socio-Cultural Group
- With respect to the national identity
- With respect to the national religion
- With respect to the cultural traditions
- Financial independence
- Recognition of the cultural customs
- Civil and feminist rights
The worldview of the Culture
- Leadership characters
- An active pace of life
- Sharp appearances and outfits (Bryc, Durand, Macpherson, Reich, & Mountain, 2014)
- A desire to develop
- A desire to gain authority
- With respect to others’ opinions
Language and Communicational Patterns of the Cultural Group
- The circle type of communicational pattern.
- The chain type of communicational pattern.
- The wheel type of communicational pattern.
- The network type of communication pattern.
- A dominative language.
- The high importance of tone.
Language and Communicational Patterns of the Socio-Cultural Group
- High-context society.
- The importance of well-structured sentences.
- Sophisticated vocabulary.
- The importance of grammar.
- The avoidance of slang phrases.
- Respectable and not abusive tone.
Art and Other Expressive Forms of the Cultural Groups
specifically for you
for only $16.05 $11/page
- Folk music.
- Aesthetic painting.
- Craftsmanship (Shi & Tindall, 2016).
- Distinctive and original cuisine.
- Majestic styles of architecture.
- A developed poetry.
Art and Other Expressive Forms of the Socio-Cultural Group
- A developed folklore.
- Narratives and legends related to religion.
- Celebrations of national holidays.
- Ethnic musical motives.
- Specific clothing.
- Religious practices and rituals.
Norms and Rules
- With respect to the older people.
- Responsiveness to others’ needs.
- Conscious behavior in public.
- Religious beliefs and lifestyle (Kim & Smith, 2016).
- Gender discrimination.
- The importance of friendship and relationships.
- Economic stability
- Working long hours
- We are always seeking new opportunities.
- The high importance of family relationships
- Trying to keep fit
- Following a healthy lifestyle
- Dominant-Submissive patterns in families
- Respect to parents
- Respect to friends
- Avoidance of strangers
- Dependency on the closest people
- Inequality among groups of different statuses
- Making bets
- Attending entertaining events
- Attending theater plays
- Participating in political events
Degree of Assimilation from Mainstream Society
- Concerned with socioeconomic statuses
- Overcoming language barriers
- Marriages among people from different societies
- Geographic distribution (Geddes & Scholten, 2016)
- Interracial partnerships and friendship
- A low level of generations’ segregation
Degree of Marginalization from Mainstream Society
- Promoting national religions.
- Interracial conflicts.
- The division into cultural minorities.
- Limited access to certain resources.
- Educational privileges.
- Psychological factors and division into classes.
Health Behaviors and Practices
- Traditional medicine.
- The use of drugs.
- The use of mixtures.
- The use of alcohol in medicine.
- The use of Injections.
- The use of pills.
Differential Approaches Needed by Health Care Professionals for Each Group
- Sterile equipment.
- Professional education.
- Conscious medical services (Shi & Tindall, 2016).
- Advantageous situation of medical institutions.
- Affordable medicaments.
Bryc, K., Durand, E. Y., Macpherson, J. M., Reich, D., & Mountain, J. (2014). The genetic ancestry of African, Latino, and European Americans across the United States. The American Journal of Human Genetics, 96(1), 37-53. Web.
Geddes, A., & Scholten, P. (2016). The politics of migration and immigration in Europe. Los Angeles, CA: Sage.
Kim, O. S., & Smith, R. A. (2016). Immigration status of Europeans / European Americans. Web.
Kivisto, P. (2014). Religion and immigration: Migrant faiths in North America and Western Europe. Cambridge, MA: Polity Press.
Shi, D. E., & Tindall, G. B. (2016). America: A narrative history (10th ed.). New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Company.