One cannot get anywhere without clear goals in mind. Personally, my main goals are the following:
tailored to your instructions
for only $13.00 $11.05/page
- Success. A sense of fulfilment and accomplishment is always pleasant, especially if an individual deserved the credit;
- Gaining respect. Personal achievements are only one side of the coin. The other one — respect for colleagues or teammates, is equally, if not more important;
- Staying a decent human being. Surely, questionable actions can be profitable and beneficial, but immoral behavior can taint and nullify any success
One has to stay true to his beliefs and principles to achieve goals and objectives. Personal beliefs can be best represented in a quote from Shakespeare’s Macbeth: “I’ll fight till from my bones my flesh be hacked”. Yes, Macbeth is a villain in that play, but his words portray the attitude and principles which will lead through all hardships if one stays true and loyal to them.
- Responsibility. An individual must be accountable for work, or one’s part in a common cause, and have the courage to admit and fix mistakes;
- Resilience. One must keep carrying on no matter how hard it is, and whatever happens along the way, an individual can have some rest after the work is done;
- Respect. One cannot shrink from the duty or obligations, look for an easy way out, and cannot put one’s burden on the other’s shoulders. That would be disrespectful both to the individual and the others
Following these principles is crucial in any activity — whether it is sports, business, or everyday lifestyle. And even if one does not achieve great heights — at least, he will know, that the best effort was undertaken, so there is no reason for regrets.
The Tragedy of Macbeth. (n.d.). Web.