- Seeks to amend title VIII of the Public Health Service Act (Govtrack, 2019).
- To extend grants to advanced education in nursing.
- To support clinical nurse specialist programs.
- Awarded funds to supplement non-federal funds.
Bill Summary: Continuation
- Only authorized clinical nurse specialist programs to be considered.
- RNs will receive full-time clinical nurse specialist education.
- To support nurse education, quality, practice, and retention grants.
- Underserved rural areas will benefit from improved nursing practice.
- $77,585,000 to be allocated for this program per annum from 2020-2024.
- RN/Masters will be replaced with RN/graduate.
- Grants for career ladder programs to be introduced.
- Reauthorization of Nursing Workforce Development Programs.
Professional nursing practice standards of the bill, if passed
- Nurses will access funding to further their studies.
- More qualified nurses will be available to practice.
- Improved quality of care services by nurses.
- Underserved communities will receive adequate nursing care.
Professional nursing practice standards of the bill, if not passed
- Shortage of advanced clinical nurses.
- The quality of nursing services delivered will be poor.
- Different communities will continue to be underserved.
- Nurse turnover will increase.
Impact on my own nursing practice
- The opportunity to advance my nursing career.
- The opportunity to serve underserved communities.
- With grants, I can undertake clinical research to advance the practice.
- I will focus on my studies, not worrying about tuition fees.
Communicating my concerns about or support for this bill based on nursing practice
- Call the legislator to affirm my support.
- Write to my local representative to support the bill.
- Write to the House of Representatives to support the bill.
- Appear before the House to defend the bill.
Communicating my concerns about or support for this bill based on nursing standards
- Engage my peers on the matters surrounding the bill.
- Discuss the bill on social media platforms.
- Intern at the office of one of the legislators.
- Write newsletters to discuss the bill.
Communicating my concerns about or support for this bill based on patient outcomes
- Collect evidence-based data on the benefits of the bill.
- Educate patients on the need to have grants for nurses.
- Discuss the bill with patients’ family members.
- Conduct in-depth research on the issue.
Impact on my community
- Patients will benefit from the services of an advanced nurse clinician.
- There will be enough nurses cater to patient needs.
- Underserved communities will get enough nursing workforce.
- Quality of life will improve generally.
Govtrack. (2019). H.R. 728: Title VIII Nursing Workforce Reauthorization Act of 2019. Web.
specifically for you
for only $16.05 $11/page