A vertical jump refers to a benchmark test completed by an athlete to determine their power and athleticism. This paper displays a four-week program to increase the vertical leap of an athlete.
tailored to your instructions
for only $13.00 $11.05/page
Weeks One and Two
It is the part of training that will determine the foundation of the athlete. Weekends will be excluded from training to ensure that one’s body receives enough rest (Voisin and Mikael 491). One should organize their first two weeks by following the mentioned exercises.
Strength exercise (weighing training)
- Clean Pulls: 2×[email protected]%.
- Pushups: 20.
- Relaxed Back Squats: 4×[email protected]%.
- Lunges: 4×6-10 per leg.
- Effective Deadlifts: 2×6-10.
- Reverse Hyperextensions: 4×6-14.
- Ankle Hops: 4×10 meters.
- Squat Jumps 8x.
Strength (weight flexibility)
- Bench Press: 3×8-12×70%.
- Jogging 5×10 Meters.
- Bent-Over Rows: 2×4-8.
- Standing Military Press: 3×6-10.
Off for normal tasks.
- Focused countermovement jumps.
- stick the landing: 12x.
- Splitting cycle hops: 102x per leg.
Strength (Weight training)
- Inclined Press: 4×[email protected]%.
- Single-Armed Dumbbell Row: 4×9-10 per arm.
- Standing Kettlebell Press-ups: 5×9-14 per arm.
Week 3 and 4
Week 4 and 5 are the intense phase of the entire program training hence requiring increased curiosity. The program will develop the central nervous system of the individual (Voisin and Mikael 491).
- Focused Deadlifts.
- Clean Pull-ups: 2×5-9.
- Back Squats.
- Squat Jumps: plus 10 Jumps.
- Split cycle jumps.
- Reverse hyperextensions: 3×7-12.
Endurance and weight training
- Bench Press.
- Bent-Over Rows.
- Medicine Ball Backwards Toss.
- Standing Military Press.
Off for normal tasks.
- Snatch-Grip Deadlifts.
- Split Squats.
- Split Jumps.
- 5 Jumps, per leg.
- Box Jumping to 4 meters.
- Good Mornings: 3×6-10.
- Incline Press.
- Medicine Ball Adjacent Toss: 3×4-8 + 5 throws per side.
- Standup Kettlebell Press-ups: 3×4-8 per arm.
Voisin, Matthieu PJ, and Mikael Scohier. “Effect of an 8-week Plyometric Training Program with Raised Forefoot Platforms on Agility and Vertical Jump Performance.” International Journal of Exercise Science 12.6 (2019): 491. Web.