- Focus on socialization.
- The learning environment is supportive and interesting.
- Learning through sensory feelings.
- Learning through manipulating objects.
- Learning is similar to real-life experience (The Montessori Early Childhood Program, 2009).
- Focus on active participatory learning.
- Learning is organized according to the Plan-Do-Review cycle.
- Learning through observing and communication.
- Learning is according to children’s interests.
- The active role of a child in the adult-child interaction (Getting to Know High Scope’s Preschool Curriculum, 2013).
- The curriculum is influenced by children’s interests.
- Focus on creativity.
- The culture of children influences the curriculum.
- Learning through observing and acting.
- The teacher is a supporter (The Reggio Emilia Approach to Early Childhood Education, 2011).
- Accentuated role of community.
- Focus on complex education, health, and nutrition.
- Focus on socialization.
- Focus on strengthening families.
- Supportive environment (Every Child Deserves a Head Start, 2013).
High Scope Early Childhood Education Program
The effective early childhood education program should be oriented to the complex development of a child in relation to the improvement of his or her physical abilities, cognitive abilities, and social skills. In this case, the High Scope education model can be discussed as successful in promoting enhancing children’s intellectual and social abilities in order to help them to adapt to the real world.
specifically for you
for only $16.05 $11/page
The High Scope model is an appropriate choice for educating children because such an approach has long-term positive effects, leads to developing decision-makers and problem solvers, and contributes to the development of active and independent persons who are successful in their life.
It is possible to state that the principles of the High Scope model are most correlated with the tendencies of modern life where the main focus is on developing a leader. In this context, the teaching-learning process organized according to the concepts of the High Scope model is relevant to address the current and further needs of a child as a social actor. The focus on the constructive processes of learning allows developing the children’s thinking and decision-making skills (Getting to Know High Scope’s Preschool Curriculum, 2013).
In the specific environment, children are able to choose activities to perform, plan their activities, organize their work, and then evaluate their results. These skills are necessary for everyday life, and they are important to contribute to the child’s further learning and progress.
The High Scope approach provides children with an opportunity to be active in all their regular activities and demonstrate the active social position even while starting the development of their interpersonal and communication skills. The environment of the class encourages children not only to concentrate on what they observe and focus on their interests, as it is in similar models but also to influence their learning process and organize their life starting from little steps.
The High Scope approach is important to educate leaders and independent persons who perceive teachers as guides and supporters and who can form the realistic vision of the world and their abilities through their daily learning. The reason is that children play an active role in planning their daily activities, managing their work, and reviewing their progress with the focus on realistic educational experiences.
Having analyzed the advantages of the High Scope model, it is important to state that this program is effective to provide the child with the broad education; to demonstrate how the world is organized; and to encourage playing the active role in the organization of the everyday life with the help of focusing on daily routine activities.
100% original paper
on any topic
done in as little as
As a result, the children’s needs and interests are addressed, the involvement of a child in the learning process is full, and many opportunities are provided to develop the intellectual abilities as well as social and communication skills. The early education received according to the High Scope model is advantageous for a child because of the focus on his adaptation to and progress in society.
Every Child Deserves a Head Start. (2013). Web.
Getting to Know High Scope’s Preschool Curriculum. (2013). Web.
The Montessori Early Childhood Program. (2009). Web.
The Reggio Emilia Approach to Early Childhood Education. (2011). Web.