tailored to your instructions
for only $13.00 $11.05/page
🏆 Best Essay Topics on Gilgamesh
- Events and Journeys in “The Epic of Gilgamesh”The entire event in Gilgamesh starts with a journey and makes the journey more important. All journeys reflect Gilgamesh’s inner flight to become an altruistic and loyal king.
- The Hero’s Journey: A Comparison Between the Odyssey and GilgameshWhile Gilgamesh spends his time seeking eternal life, Odysseus seems more interested in living the life that he has. Odysseus’ hero journey exemplifies “how one ought to live”.
- The Image of Epic Heroes in Gilgamesh, the Iliad, and BeowulfGilgamesh from the Epic of Gilgamesh, Achilles and Agamemnon from The Iliad, and Beowulf from the epic Beowulf may serve as the best examples of epic characters, which represent the image of a hero.
- World Mythology Functions in the Myths “Ages of the World”, “King Arthur” and “Gilgamesh”Mystical experiences and social sensibilities these are two reasons that myths are written and conveyed throughout time.
- Guidance in Krishna’s “Bhagavad-Gita” and Siduri’s The Epic of GilgameshThis paper will discuss Krishna’s guidance of Arjuna in the Bhagavad-Gita and Siduri’s guidance of Gilgamesh in the Epic of Gilgamesh and outline similarities and differences.
- Dreams in the Epic of Gilgamesh and the BibleThis paper focuses on the similarities and differences between the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Bible in terms of content, underlying message, and literary context.
- Heroes’ Qualities: Gilgamesh vs. Odysseus“The Epic of Gilgamesh” and “Odysseus” introduce two different characters with their own purposes, choices, and monsters to defeat.
- Gilgamesh and Odysseus Visit Underworld ComparisonStudying literature of the first world civilizations, such as Ancient Greece civilization, one is interested in: The Epic of Gilgamesh and The Wanderings of Odysseus
- Comparison: The Epic of Gilgamesh and the IliadThe “Epic of Gilgamesh” touches upon people’s nature profoundly and still stays actual in the matters of the torture of loss and death for all human beings.
- “Epic of Gilgamesh”: Enkidu’s Lack of CautionThe “Epic of Gilgamesh” introduces the reader to Enkidu who is one-third human and two-thirds beast, which explains his lack of caution in tablets three through eight.
- The Epic of Gilgamesh: Friendship Between Gilgamesh and EnkiduDespite Enkidu’s transformation that guaranteed him assimilation to civilization, his subconscious, internal side controls the journey and relationships.
- Oldest Works “The Epic of Gilgamesh”The main themes of “The Epic of Gilgamesh”, one of the oldest extant literary works in the world, are a journey, ambition, and fear of death.
- Creative Analysis of “The Epic of Gilgamesh”The study of the Scandinavian epic and its cultural function is relevant for understanding not only the history of culture but also its present.
- The Epic of Gilgamesh and The Tempest: Being “Civilized” or “Uncivilized”The Epic of Gilgamesh and Shakespeare’s The Tempest demonstrate that the application of labels is relative, implies adverse outcomes, and is used to critique the colonial process.
- The Epic of Gilgamesh: Gilgamesh and EnkiduThe epic’s ending demonstrates, Gilgamesh and Enkidu had been wrong, and their seeming immortality did not allow them to avoid imminent death.
- The Epic of Gilgamesh, The Book of Genesis, The Divine ComedyThe purpose of the paper is to provide backgrounds, summaries, and analyses of The Epic of Gilgamesh, the book of Genesis, and The Divine Comedy and find connections between them.
- Immortality Through Fame in the Epic of GilgameshThe Epic of Gilgamesh is a depositary of themes that continue to fascinate readers and make literary critics argue about their expediency.
- Gilgamesh and Odysseus: The SemblanceIt is important to discuss the semblance between the Gilgamesh as an Odysseus to understand why the creation of the Odyssey was directly dependent on the Akkadian epic poem.
👍 Good Gilgamesh Research Topics & Essay Examples
as little as 3 hours
- Reflection of the Poem Epic of Gilgamesh“The Epic of Gilgamesh” is a poem that has two main characters. The personas play roles as one acts like a person with two identities, while the other portrays human personality.
- Friendship of Gilgamesh and EnkiduIn the ancient Mesopotamian poem, The Epic of Gilgamesh, one of the most important elements of the story is the friendship between the protagonist Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
- Friendship in “The Epic of Gilgamesh”Being unable to defeat each other, Gilgamesh and Enkidu become friends, and their acts reflect the nature of firm friendship.
- Politics and Government in the Epic of GilgameshThe present paper will consider politics and government, which are central themes of the Epic and Gilgamesh, explore the political background in which the story was developed.
- Similarities Between “The Physician” and GilgameshSimilarities can be found between Philipp Stelzl’s film “The Physician” and the hero of ancient myths, Gilgamesh.
- “The Physician” Film and Narrative Tradition of “The Epic of Gilgamesh”“The Physician” is a German movie released in 2013, and the movie’s plot essentially repeats the argumentative tradition of “The Epic of Gilgamesh”.
- The Death of Enkidu and the Enlightenment of GilgameshThe great epic poem of Gilgamesh explores a vast number of themes, but the one that sets the epic into motion is the subject of friendship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
- “Ancient Mesopotamian Religion and Its Influence in “”The Epic of Gilgamesh”””The Epic of Gilgamesh demonstrates the powerful influence of people’s religious beliefs on the central message of the story and the characters’ behavior and decisions.
- “Theme in “”The Epic of Gilgamesh”” by Sîn-Lēqi-Unninni”For centuries that the text of The Epic of Gilgamesh by Sîn-lēqi-unninni has existed, humanity has been able to enjoy its everlasting and always up-to-date lessons about life.
- Gilgamesh’s Search for Immortality: Inevitability of Death in a StoryThe Epic of Gilgamesh is generally the story of one man’s journey to outfox’s demise, and, strangely, the needs of a contemporary American have not changed much.
- Gilgamesh, Eridu Genesis and the Bible: Comparative AnalysisAlthough “The Epic of Gilgamesh”, the “Eridu Genesis”, and the Bible are culturally ions from each other, they share numerous thematic elements.
- The Evolution of Gilgamesh: Cultural Backgrounds Study BibleThe songs and legends of Gilgamesh were recorded in cuneiform on clay tablets in four ancient languages of the Middle East – Sumerian, Akkadian, Hurrian, and Hittite.
- “Analyzing Women Characters in “”The Odyssey”” and “”The Epic of Gilgamesh”””The Epic of Gilgamesh and The Odyssey have versatile female characters. Some of them are deceptive, sexualized, and selfish, while others are wise, helpful, and careful.
- “The Hero and Civilization in “”The Epic of Gilgamesh”””Being among the oldest epic poems throughout the world, the Epic of Gilgamesh presents the story of Gilgamesh, a Sumerian King.
- “The Epic of Gilgamesh”: Qualities of a Good Leader Described by MachiavelliGilgamesh is an interesting character of the epic and the traits he exhibits throughout the poem demonstrate and contradict the qualities of a good leader described by Machiavelli.
- The Role of Dreams in GilgameshThe paper states that dreams, which have been often used by writers for various purposes, are among the key points of the poem Gilgamesh.
- “The Epic of Gilgamesh” and Biblical ParablesIt is possible to compare the Biblical parables and “The Epic of Gilgamesh”. Both sources tell of the Flood that affected all of humankind.
- Gilgamesh’s Lesson in Search for ImmortalityThis paper will reflect on the main lesson of immortality, why Gilgamesh dressed like Enkidu, and why he was afraid of death.
🎓 Most Interesting Gilgamesh Research Titles
- Bronze Age Mesopotamia Leadership and the Epic of Gilgamesh
- Gilgamesh: The Untold Story of the Way He Changes
- The Contact With Supreme Beings in the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Hebrew Bible
- Creation, Flood, and the Hero in Epic of Gilgamesh and Book of Genesis of the Christian Bible
- Life and Death Concepts of the Mesopotamians and the Epic of Gilgamesh
- The Hero Quest Myth Theory of Joseph Campbell in “The Hero’s Journey” and Its Application to the Ancient Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh
- The Causal Relationship Between the Character Building of Gilgamesh and Enkidu and Plot Development in “The Epic of Gilgamesh”
- Death and the Afterlife in the Epic of Gilgamesh
- Gilgamesh and Inanna: Ancient Approaches to Universal Questions
- The Epic of Gilgamesh: The Separation of Wild Animal Nature and Human Nature
- Gilgamesh: What Was the Main Character Looking For?
- The Connection Between Courage and Justice Based on Aristotle’s “Nicomachean Ethics”, “The Iliad”, and “The Epic of Gilgamesh”
- Gilgamesh and Enkidu: A Homoerotic Relationship
- Comparing and Contrasting the Accounts of the Great Flood in Gilgamesh and the Bible
- Gilgamesh and Sappho’s Common Theme on the End of Life
- Athanasia: Human Impermanence and the Journey for Eternal Life in “The Epic of Gilgamesh”
- Gilgamesh’s Quest for Immortality and the Mean of Life
- Mother, Goddess, Seductress, Harlot: Women in “The Epic of Gilgamesh”
- Conflict Between Gods and Humans in “Gilgamesh” and “The Odyssey”
- Gilgamesh, Sir Gawain, and Their Representation of Moral Values
- How Are Cultural Values Conveyed Through the Narrative Structure of Gilgamesh?
- Gilgamesh vs. Genesis: Parallels of the Flood
- Search for Immortality Depicted in “The Epic of Gilgamesh” and “The Odyssey”
- Immortal Life vs. Immortal Name: Gilgamesh and Beowulf
- The Small but Crucial Role of Women in “The Epic of Gilgamesh”
💡 Simple Gilgamesh Essay Ideas
you can get a custom-written
according to your instructions
- The Quest for Gilgamesh’s ‘Immortality’ Is a Metonymy for Every Mortal to Be Immortal
- The Parallels Between the Twenty-First Century’s Concerns Regarding Death and the Ancient Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh
- The Battle Between Man and God in “The Epic of Gilgamesh”
- Gilgamesh and Abraham: What It Means to Be Human
- Symbolism, Creation, and Contemporary Themes in “The Epic of Gilgamesh”
- Divine Judgment and Human Guilt in “The Epic of Gilgamesh” and “Oresteia”
- Gilgamesh and Homer: Motif Sets, Distinctions, and Similarities
- Parallels Between the Gilgamesh Surge Account and the Scriptural Surge Account
- Connecting Heroes: The Similarities of Gilgamesh and Hamlet
- Relationship Between Humans and Gods in “The Epic of Gilgamesh”, an Epic Poem From Ancient Mesopotamia
- Gilgamesh, Enkidu, and the Gods: “The Epic of Gilgamesh”
- Tracing Back the Story of Gilgamesh in the Mesopotamian Culture From Around 2500 B.C.
- Friendship: How the Death of a Soulmate Affects Gilgamesh
- Gilgamesh and Enkidu: The Manifestation of Death’s Inevitability Through Companionship
- Creon vs. Gilgamesh: Comparing and Contrasting Authority
- The Epic of Gilgamesh: Relationship Between Humans and the Environment in Ancient Mesopotamia
- Powerful Leader, Flawed Man: The Obligations of Gilgamesh
- Gilgamesh and Enkidu: Who Is More Heroic
- Heroes and Sidekicks: Comparison Between Beowulf and Gilgamesh
- Gilgamesh and the Ambiguous Human Relationship to Nature
- Psychological and Spiritual Ramifications of Gilgamesh’s Ultimate Failure to Attain What He Had Hoped For
- Historical Relations Between “The Epic of Gilgamesh” and “The Golden Ass”
- The Theme of Self Discovery in “The Epic of Gilgamesh”
- How the Divine Was Represented in “The Epic of Gilgamesh” and Homer’s “The Odyssey”
- The Mesopotamian Friendship Between Gilgamesh and Enkidu