- Topic: Mind mapping
- General purpose: To persuade
- Specific purpose: To persuade the audience to make steps to improve people’s learning experience.
- Thesis: Mind mapping is a creative way to organize a person’s thoughts; images and words together are more engaging to people’s brains.
- Attention. Over twenty-five million people all over the world use a mind map as a tool for higher effectiveness. Mind mapping can be used by everyone, not only students who face the challenge of learning a lot of information on an everyday basis (Wu & Chen, 2018). Workers and business holders can also apply these principles and anyone who has the desire to improve their brain activity.
- Need. The mind map is an external mirror of our natural thinking facilitated by the influential graphic process, which provides the universal key to unlock the dynamic potential of the brain. People face many different challenges during the educational process and a lot of information to retain and learn.
- Satisfaction. Mind mapping is an excellent aid for learning for several reasons. Such maps make the brain use associations between different keywords, phrases, and images. Students can use them to brainstorm an idea for creative projects either alone or within a group. Moreover, these maps help them to plan and structure written works such as essays and presentations. A mind map can help an individual structure the thinking process with greater clarity to explore relationships between ideas and different elements.
- Visualization. By using mind mapping and organizing thoughts, people will be able to understand the knowledge better and use it in life to a more significant practical extent, which will positively affect their future.
- Mind mapping improves the long-term memory of actual information among various types of students by ten percent (Buzan, 2018). There is a study that demonstrates the fact that when students actually use mind mapping principles, they are able to increase their grades by twelve percent (Guerrero & Ramos, 2015).
- Action. The principles of mind mapping include the creation of a visual representation of information. It involves writing down a specific topic and then provide it with generating new ideas.
Persuasive Speech Outline
- Attention material.
- Have you been looking for ways to improve your learning experience? Have you been trying to find out how to retain knowledge? There is a tool that can help you, and it is mind mapping.
- Orienting material.
- Mind mapping is one of the most influential creative tools that is enjoyed by over twenty-five million people around the world.
(Transition: why mind mapping is essential?)
specifically for you
for only $16.05 $11/page
- Mind mapping is a creative way to organize a person’s thoughts; images and words together are more engaging to people’s brains.
- The mind map is an external mirror of our natural thinking facilitated by the robust graphic process, which provides the universal key to unlock the dynamic potential of the brain. Human beings face many challenges during the educational process and a lot of information to retain and learn. (Transition: As we all say, a picture is worth a thousand words)
- Images tend to be more memorable for the human brain than words.
- Mind mapping helps the student to learn significant amounts of information.
- Mind mapping will improve our future
- Build and save your maps, organize your thoughts, and you will benefit now and in the future.
Buzan, T. (2018). Mind map mastery: The complete guide to learning and using the most powerful thinking tool in the universe. Watkins Media Limited.
Guerrero, J. M., & Ramos, P. (2015). Introduction to the applications of mind mapping in medicine. Imedpub.
Wu, T. T., & Chen, A. C. (2018). Combining e-books with mind mapping in a reciprocal teaching strategy for a classical Chinese course. Computers & Education, 116, 64-80. Web.