Thesis sentence: Abortion should be legalized to safeguard the health, reputation, and status of women in need of abortion services.
specifically for you
for only $16.05 $11/page
Support for Thesis 1
- Topic Sentence: Criminalizing abortion in many countries has led to unsafe abortion practices, which are a significant cause of maternal morbidity and mortality.
- Detail A: Women in need of abortion services often face premature deaths under the hands of quacks and inexperienced backstreet doctors, who conduct abortions in make-shift clinics with no facilities whatsoever to handle emergencies;
- Detail B: A considerable number of women who engage in unsafe abortion practices end up not conceiving again, and;
- Detail C: Criminalizing abortion has led to a thriving illegal trade, whereby quacks and inexperienced doctors benefit economically at the expense of the health of victims.
Support for Thesis 2
- Topic sentence: To date, no evidence demonstrates criminalizing abortion is an effective strategy in reducing the number of abortion cases reported worldwide
- Detail A: Statistics demonstrate that women still go for abortion in countries where abortion is illegal and highly punishable by law;
- Detail B: Unsafe abortion practices seem to be on the increase in countries with strict anti-abortion laws, and;
- Detail C: Women who seek abortion services from backstreet doctors do not benefit from the education and awareness campaigns normally provided in a hospital environment, thus many end up becoming pregnant again and visiting the same fake doctors for assistance.
Support for Thesis 3
- Topic Sentence: Legalizing abortion will ensure that it is carried in a safe and secure environment that guarantees and reinforces the reputation and social standing of those seeking abortion services.
- Detail A: Many women are haunted for life by the painful experiences they undergo under the hands of inexperienced people who provide abortion services in illegal settings;
- Detail B: Many women suffer image and reputation crisis immediately after securing abortion services from illegal back-street clinics, and;
- Detail C: Legalizing abortion will ensure that it is offered as any other health service within a hospital setting, hence seekers of the service will not have to put up with feelings of guilt that are likely to adversely affect their longer-term personal and career goals.
Thesis Statement Restatement
From the ongoing, it is clear that countries should move with speed to legalize abortion not only to safeguard the health and well-being of women in need of the services but also to ensure that the reputation and social standing of these women in the community are closely guarded.