I work as a sports compliance director at Elite High School. My role is to ensure that all the sporting activities within the school compound are run appropriately according to the policies governing sports. I also ensure that all the sporting facilities used for different games are well utilized appropriately and maintained to the required standards. Effective talent management is a key aspect within a school administration. It is my responsibility to ensure that all students playing different games for the school team are disciplined because they act as the ambassadors of Elite High School. A sports compliance director also ensures that talented students from low-income families get scholarships to achieve academic success through educational discipline and sports ethics.
specifically for you
for only $16.05 $11/page
Elite High School is an institution that advocates for ethical behavior in sports, and any student found guilty of any unethical sports behavior within the school will face disciplinary actions. High school sporting events have become more competitive due to the effectiveness in sports management. Other student-athletes have resorted to using performance-enhancing drugs. The use of performance-enhancing drugs is a major issue affecting most athlete students (Agnew et al., 2017). I have witnessed students from my school associating with performance-enhancing drug peddlers. It is my responsibility to mitigate the problem by making healthy and informed decisions on the matter.
A six-step decision-making model will be the most appropriate for solving the dilemma of the situation where two of his athlete students seem to be collaborating with performance-enhancing drugs against school rules and sports ethics. The decision-making steps include:
The main problem is increased cases of using performance-enhancing drugs by students in different sporting activities within the school. There are possibilities that performance-enhancing drug peddlers are collaborating with a group of athlete students to sell the drugs to other sports students in the school.
Setting objectives and criteria
It entails putting down achievable aims of the decision-making process and adopting effective criteria that will be used to ensure that we come up with appropriate findings and solutions. In this case, our main aim is to:
- Improve sports ethics within the school sporting domain.
- Identify the gaps facilitating the use of performance-enhancing drugs.
- Adopt appropriate measures to eradicate the use of performance-enhancing drugs.
- Identify the group of athlete students who use performance enhancement drugs and educate them on the negative impacts of using such drugs.
- Coming up with the appropriate criteria that will be used to solve the issue.
Generate creative ideas and alternatives
Some of the best alternatives present for solving the issue of using performance-enhancing drugs include:
- Subjecting athlete students to various forms of disciplinary actions such as suspension or withdrawal of scholarships.
- Educate athlete students on the negative impacts of using performance-enhancing drugs on their sporting careers and the school.
- Subjecting athlete students to regular doping to ensure they avoid the use of such drugs.
- Training student athletes on sports ethics and general ethical behavior for them to understand what is expected of them.
- Encourage parents and guardians to care about their children’s activities when they are off the school environment.
Analyze and adopt the best alternative
The best alternative for this problem is to educate student-athletes on the demerits of unethical sports practices at a young age. Educating and training them will help them be aware of the behavioral standards required of the as upcoming sports personalities.
100% original paper
on any topic
done in as little as
Implement the best alternative
Involves bringing the athlete students together with their respective coaches and take them through a training process for sports ethics and behavior. This will help in enhancing proper sportsmanship within the organization.
Control the decision
This entails putting up measures that will make the implementation of the best alternative is effective in solving the problem of using performance-enhancing drugs within the school.
Agnew, D., Henderson, P., & Woods, C. (2017). Ethics, integrity and well-being in elite sport: A systematic review. The Sport Journal. Web.